Fees and Refund Policy
A Local Student is defined as those who currently hold a valid Canadian or U.S. citizenship and whose family has a Canadian or U.S. bank account. If this is not the case, the student will be considered a Visa Student. Any student who has not been granted the legal documentation (Study Permit) to study in Canada will be considered an Overseas Student, the overseas students have the responsibility to obtain their legal documentation to study in Canada. Each year the student at MSA will be required to complete and sign the application form again to continue their studies, along with providing the first tuition installment, to ensure the placement for the following year. The enrollment status under which a student applies and then is offered admission to the MSA will be expected to continue during the entire time of their studies. For information on enrollment status options and policies, please inquire at our front desk.
The Full-time tuition fee includes student services such as banking assistance, public transit assistance, education planning, career planning, computer and internet access, city library card application, university/college application, regular communication with parents/guardian and all other free activities sponsored by the school board, more information please refer to the MSA Student Handbook.
The tuition and other fees that Mississauga Secondary Academy offers at a reasonable and affordable method to help all types of students that willing to study at MSA. The official fees and tuition information please refer to the MSA3.0.0 Fee Schedule with the latest date of the year. The fee schedule is subject to change without further notice. The MSA3.0.0 Fee Schedule can only be made by the MSA school board, if you have any questions or verifying the latest one please contacts our principal or manager at the E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Credit course application fee for Full-time is: $300.00
o Credit course application fee for Part-time is: $65.00
o Late application fee (applied when the first day of class started) is: $50.00
o The non-credit course application fee: $30.00
o Chase Payment Tech (CPT) fee is 2.5% of the paid amount by any credit card
o Royal bank fee (RBC) fee is $17.00 when paying by wire transfer
The program or course fees do not include any textbooks. The student is required to purchase the necessary textbook(s) for each course. Be sure to check with your teacher that the version of the textbook (publisher and the ISBN) is the correct one being used in the specific course. It is the student's own responsibility to purchase the textbook(s) before the session starts. All students are highly encouraged to purchase the textbook in order to maximize their learning in each course.
The student can use second-hand books in class, but not a photocopy of the textbook or electronic ones. Photocopies of the textbook will not be allowed in the classroom. The textbooks can be borrowed from the school, there will be deposits (deposits amount is subject to change without further notice) made as requested. The school will refund 80% of the value with the original receipt; 50% will be refunded if there is no original receipt that can be provided. There will be an extra 10% deducted from the deposits if any damage occurs. Books return only applies to the students who are registered with MSA. The return period ends two weeks after each semester finished, starting from every final term PA day.
The MSA insurance package is only provided for our registered students who will or are currently enrolled in our school. The student will receive the information package from the insurance company directly by mail at their registered address. The VISA student (international) is required to have insurance to study at Mississauga Secondary Academy. The insurance cost will be calculated based on a yearly rate, and the amount is subject to change without further notice.
MSA students who are less than 18 years old are required a custodian (a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident). A custodian is a responsible adult who will take care of and support the minor child. A custodian is optional for students 18 years of age and older. For more information please refer to Custodianship Declaration – Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada (IMM5646).
Mississauga Transit Fares
MSA students might need to purchase their own transit tickets. The Miway is a very convenient system for transportation in Mississauga, and the student monthly pass costs approximately $110.00. Students will need to provide their student ID to receive a discount. For more information please visit http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/busfares.
Payments can be made by cash, money order, bank draft, cheque (please make sure payments are payable to Mississauga Secondary Academy), online banking, wire transfer (see below), VISA, MasterCard, American Express (2.5% administration fee will be applied on credit card payments).
Mississauga Secondary Academy Banking Information for Wire Transfers:
Please ensure that the student's name and date of birth are included in the wire detail. Please note that when paying by wire transfer, a nominal bank fee may apply to the payee.
· Fees are not paid within 30 days of and/or after the Due Date will be subject to an interest charge of 1.5% every month. A student might not get a credit when remaining balance tuition fees are not paid in full;
· Students will not be admitted to the school unless the fees are up to date, as per the above schedule;
· Failure to comply with the terms of the payment plan will result in the student being prohibited from attending the school for the remainder of the term or academic year. In addition, the school may withhold marks and exercise other sanctions, as it deems necessary for the collection of overdue accounts;
· The marks or final results can be expired at the end of each semester's final PA day, and all relevant files cannot be carried on to the next semester.
In the event that acceptance of an enrollment offer occurs after any payment plan installment date, you will be required to pay the prior dated installments as a catch-up payment, upon enrollment. The refund is based on full fees being paid and will be applied to the account. Any outstanding tuition installments or incidental charges will be deducted before a refund cheque is issued. Should a student leave Mississauga Secondary Academy after a commission to an agent has been paid, MSA will subtract the commission from the tuition refund provided to the parents.
Please read carefully, the following conditions:
· Application/registration fees and other administrative charges are non-refundable and are not included in the tuition fee;
· There will be a $50.00 charge for NFS cheques; bounced cheques.
· All fees are not transferable under any conditions;
· Tuition fee must be used within one year of payment date;
· If applicable, 70% of the tuition fee will be refunded if a student decides to withdraw a course or retire from a semester within the first week of the course/semester start (not applied to VISA students who are first time arrived in their first academic year);
· Any payment plan or installments will not apply to VISA students, full payment of tuition or deposits ($8,900.00 is highly recommended) are required to obtain the letter of acceptance;
· No refund of tuition for the applied academic year if a student withdraws after the first week of the academic year has started;
· Scholarships only counted as credit(s) or hour(s) to the student for tuition payment, the granted scholarships NOT eligible for any refund;
· Any student who has violated the rules and regulations of MSA and is consequently expelled by MSA will not be eligible for any refund of any fees;
· If an international applicant is refused a study permit or temporary resident visa, the student will receive a full refund of the tuition fee. In order to be eligible for a refund, the following documents are required:
o Proof of visa rejection (an original document issued by the Canadian Immigration or Embassy), the validation/verification letter is mandatory proof from Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC);
o A filled and signed MSA3.1.1 Refund Request Form must be submitted to the Manager/Principal at Mississauga Secondary Academy (33 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada);
· Student being absent more than 40 hours of each semester, suspended, expelled from the school is not eligible for any refund;
· The deduction for a refund will be made to the international applications at reasonable fees for mailing, printing, notary, banking, legal handling, and student documentations.
· Student can get the MSA3.1.1 Request for Refund Form from the front desk or through email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org;
· The student must complete and sign the MSA3.1.1 Request for Refund Form, and submit the form to the Manager or Principal at MSA for further decision;
· Once the form is received by the Manager or Principal, it will be processed and a response will be given within 4-6 weeks (this is not the refund waiting period);
· If the refund application is not satisfied with the result, the applicant might request to make an appointment to appeal the decision within the first 10 business days after the result has been made;
· Decision will be concerned as withdraw without hearing further notice in a dated written email from the applicant, a new request for refund is needed when decision concerned as withdraw;
· The amount of refund will be payable to the applicant at the proper contact information in another 4 to 6 weeks after the amount of refund decision has been made from Mississauga Secondary Academy.
Please Note: Tuition, Administrative Fees, and Refund Policy are subject to change without further notice.